9793 9708 (AWatW Office)

9793 9062 (Vietnamese Workers)

9793 9150 (Chinese Workers)

Where to go for help

If you think that you have not been receiving your correct entitlements at work under the law, there are a number of places you can go to for help.

1. Asian Women at Work can give you basic information and assist you in contacting any of the following organisations.

Chinese, English and Vietnamese (02) 9793 9708

2. Unions NSW Ph (02) 9881 5999 or visit www.unionsnsw.org.au

For any issue related to rights at work, rates of pay, occupational health and safety, and bullying at work. Also to find out what union you can join.

3. Office of the Fair Work Ombudsman 13 13 94 www.fairwork.gov.au

They are open Mon-Fri 8am to 6pm. 

To make complaints about your workplace or get information about rights at work, rates of pay and other workplace issues.

4. Fair Work Commission 1300 799 675 https://www.fwc.gov.au

They are open Mon-Fri 9 am - 5 pm.

To report or get more information about unfair dismissal, bullying and harrassment in the workplace.

5. NSW Office of Industrial Relations 131 628 www.industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au

For information on long service leave entitledments, shop trading regulations and NSW public holidays.

5. WorkCover NSW – 13 10 50 www.workcover.nsw.gov.au

For information about workplace injuries, workers compensation, and other Occupational Health and Safety issues.

6. Anti-Discrimination Board of NSW (02) 9268 5544 www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/adb

Enquity service is open from 9 am - 1 pm and 2 pm - 4 pm.

Information on anti-discrimination. If you feel you have been discriminated against at work, they can assist you.

7. Lawyers can provide advice and represent workers in court matters.

8. Community Legal Centres can also provide free advice on many workplace issues. A list of centres is available from Asian Women at Work or on the internet at www.nswclc.org.au

9. Workers Health Centre (02) 9749 7666 www.workershealth.com.au

Assists with Occupational Health and Safety issues and workplace injuries.

10. Immigrant Women’s Speakout (02) 9635 8022 www.speakout.org.au

They are open from Mon-Fri 9.30 am - 5 pm.

They can assist migrant women with contacting the best services to help.

All of these organisations can use the Telephone Interpreter Service (TIS) to talk to you in your own language. Just ring TIS on 131 450, ask for an interpreter and tell them your language.

Additional information